The holiday season may have ended but, there are a lot of ways to start the new year with local fun. To help pass the frigid winter days, get out of the house and have some local fun that is every bit as festive as last month.
There are many great opportunities to take part in local experiences to continue to support local and have a happy, healthy new year!
- Take a Milwaukee Food & City Tour. There are many great options to choose from including: Bloody Mary Brunch Tour, Milwaukee Pizza Bus Tour, Tacos & Tequila, Craft Breweries and Cocktails Tour, Walkers Point Dine Around Bus Tour and tours that take you out of the city as well.
- Start the new year off right and up your fitness game. Take mat or reformer classes at Flying Squirrel Pilates. OR Sign up for training with RunFit MKE for runners and non-runners alike. RunFit training includes agility, flexibility, strength and balance as well as nutritional support.
- Take in one of the many great performances at Marcus Center for the Performing Arts. Check out a Broadway Musical, Milwaukee Ballet or Milwaukee Symphony and celebrate the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on January 14th.
- Take a class at Blue Whale Quilt Studio and make an applique wall hanging. All supplies and fabrics are included, and you will go home with the complete pattern to make more as you like.
- Make some time for self-care. The perfect place to reset for the new year is at Royal Road Clinic with a gong bath meditation or the other great services they offer. Tosa Yoga offers many classes for all skill levels to supporting each individual student in his or her journey toward happiness, well-being, and the union of body, mind and spirit.
- Capture your story with a photo shoot. There are many great photographers and studios to capture your moments and milestones. A couple to check out are: Stephanie Bartz Photography, OR Stories Framed Photography.
- Take some much needed time for relaxation, stress relief, pain relief and much more. Visit Float Milwaukee and try a 60-minute Float.
- The start of the new year is a wonderful time to refresh your look. Nothing says a new you like a fresh cut. Bloom by Christine will help you find the perfect cut for your hair texture, color and face shape.
- Did you make a new year resolution to eat healthy? Barb Heinen with Joyful Eats can help. Joyful Eats is about relaxing into a healthy lifestyle with foods that are fun and delicious and reconnecting body, mind and spirit through mindful awareness to live your best life abundantly! Join her for individual coaching, “Joyful Jumpstart” or her workshops.
- Spend a day checking out one of the current exhibitions at the Museum of Wisconsin Art or get involved in one of the many educational programs for kids and adults.
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center has many hikes and events for families to spend time connecting with nature and wildlife.
- Indulgence Chocolatiers loves pairing their confections with other foods and beverages – using assorted flavors to complement, balance, or pull out certain notes in their counterparts is a fun and unique way to enjoy chocolate. A listing of upcoming classes is on the website. Be sure to register as the classes sell out quickly.
- When’s the last time you really played? Whether you’re racing your kids through an inflatable obstacle course, dominating your friends in the laser tag arena, or beating your boss to the top of the rock wall, Bounce Milwaukee has activities for the kid in everyone.
- Grab a gift certificate for Milwaukee Kayak Company to explore our great city and our rivers in a kayak, canoe or standup paddleboard. Daily rentals available this spring.
- Maybe it is time to spruce up your surroundings and learn a new skill in the process. Studio Barcelona offers workshops to learn chalk paint techniques or learn how to create with watercolors, linoleum block printing, knitting and more. Join Lynita and her staff to start the next leg of your journey.
- Are you interested in learning Blacksmithing? In the Milwaukee Blacksmith School of Iron, you will learn how to work with your piece in the fire. You will learn tong control, scrolling and twists. You will make several bottle openers to take home with you suitable for keeping or giving as gifts!
- Visit one of these gems on Milwaukee’s East Side. Take a tour of the Charles Allis Art Museum or Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum. These restored mansions from another are host exhibitions and a variety of events throughout the year.
- A fun way to spend an afternoon is to take a brewery tour. Both Lakefront Brewery and Sprecher Brewery have fun, engaging tours but be sure to purchase tickets in advance.
- The Pabst Theater Group includes The Pabst Theater, The Riverside Theater, Turner Hall Ballroom and The Back Room @ Colectivo. Each of these venues offers great concerts throughout the year. There is always a how to attend to appeal to many musical tastes and entertainment styles. Grab dinner at your favorite local restaurant and check out a performance at one of these unique venues.
We thank all of your Shop Local Sponsors for their continued support.